- Wash the nettles well and roughly chop. If the stems are too fibrous, remove them. Finely blend with the olive oil, sea salt and fresh lemon juice.
- Slice the spring onions into fine rings.
- Cook the barley in salted water according to the instructions on the package and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the rapeseed oil in a saucepan, add spring onions, peas, bay leaf and then simmer on low heat. Add the barley and all the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and cook on a low heat.
- Season with salt, pepper and fresh lemon juice