- For the dressing, cut away the stalk of the chilli and finely chop. Peel the garlic and again finely chop.
- Squeeze the limes; they should produce 50 ml/3 tbsp of juice. Add the garlic and chillies with the lime juice, soy sauce and palm sugar to a pan and heat gently until the sugar has melted. Remove from the hob and allow to cool.
- For the salad, peel the papaya, cut in half, remove the seeds and slice or grate the zest of the fruit into very fine strips with a julienne cutter or a potato peeler. Peel the carrots and again slice into fine strips. Alter-natively, cut the papaya and the carrots lengthways into ½-cm/¼-inch thick slices and cut these slices into fine, thin strips.
- Prepare the yardlong beans, cut off the end pieces and cut the beans across into 2-cm/¾-inch pieces.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, remove the stems and cut in half lengthways. Mix the ingredients for the salad together in a bowl.
- Add the dressing to the salad, carefully mix all the way through and season with salt and pepper.
- Leave to infuse for at least 20 minutes. Shortly before serving, roughly chop the peanuts and sprinkle them over the salad.