- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Peel and chop the onions, peel the chestnuts and cook in plenty of water. Finely mix onions, sultanas, chestnuts, cashews, sage and margarine in a processor.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan, peel the onions, cut into 2mm thick strips and add the thyme then simmer on medium heat until golden brown.
- Slice the mushrooms and grate the celery with a coarse grater and sauté until almost no water is left.
- Drain the soaked quinoa, puree the kidney beans and add both with the cornstarch to the mix and combine well. Season with salt and pepper and place in a greased dish.
- Bake the roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, allow to cool briefly and cut into slices.