- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Fill a small ovenproof bowl with water and place on the bottom of the oven – this will keep the cheesecake lovely and moist!
- In the food processor, mix the biscuits, walnuts and sunflower oil into a fine crumble. Alternatively you can put the biscuits and nuts into a sturdy plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin.
- Line a springform pan with baking paper. Spread the crumble over the bottom of the pan, pressing down slightly. Leave in the refrigerator to cool.
- Using a hand-held blender mix the cottage cheese, yoghurt, eggs, spices, salt, agave syrup, orange juice and peel and the lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the crumble and bake in the middle of the oven for about one hour. If the surface turns brown too quickly, cover with a sheet of tin foil.
- For the perfect cheesecake leave it in the refrigerator over night before serving.
- Wash the figs and cut them into slices. Decorate the cake with the figs. Toast the almond flakes in a hot pan with one tablespoon of agave syrup until golden brown and sprinkle over the cake.