- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease an oven dish.
- Mix oat drink, lemon peel, sugar, oil, vanilla sugar, almonds and sliced almonds
- Add salt water and bring to the boil. Add polenta and baking powder, mix well, and cook under low heat until a thick porridge consistency.
- Pour into the your greased dish. Score the top to form in squares.
- Garnish each cube with a shelled almond.
- Bake in the oven at 160 degrees for 20 minutes.
- For the drizzle boil water, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, evenly distribute the drizzle over it.
- Let it soak for 10 minutes. The basbousa is best served the next day.